Mocha Brownie Cheesecake
If gluttony isn't your sin of choice yet, it will be after this desert!
1 package plain devils food cake mix
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large egg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 packages (16 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs, at room temperature
½ cup coffee
1 cup sweetened cream
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 F. Se aside a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Place the cake mix, melted butter, 1 egg, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. The batter should come together into a ball. With your fingertips, pat the batter evenly over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan, spreading it out with your fingers until smooth. Set the pan aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a medium size glass bowl in the microwave oven on high power for 1 ½ minutes. Remove the bowl from the oven and stir with a small rubber spatula until the chocolate is melted. Let it cool slightly.
- Place the melted chocolate, cream cheese, and sweetened condensed milk in the same mixing bowl that was used for the crust. With the same beaters blend with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine, add the 3 eggs and the coffee, and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with the rubber spatula. Pour the filling onto the crust and spread it out with the rubber spatula so that it covers the entire surface and reaches the sides of the pan. Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cheesecake until it looks shiny and the center jiggles only slightly when you shake the pan, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes. The lightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour, or 24 hours for the flavors to blend.
- Prepare the sweetened cream.
- Serve with whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon.